The Mineralogy Museum opens its doors with a free access for all during the week-end of September 15-16, 2018, for the European Heritage days (10am to 6pm). The Museum can be included in a tour of the Vendôme Hotel as well as the Library of MINES ParisTech. You can access the Museum from the usual entrance at 60 boulevard Saint-Michel, 75006 Paris, or after your visit of the greenhouses of the Jardin du Luxembourg.
- November 6 to 24, 2018 : Exhibit by Marie Sommer organized as part of the Festival Photo Saint Germain event.
- December 2018 : Exhibit of posters related to "Nuclear safety" from the 50s and 60s, organized with the research center of Sophia Antipolis MINES ParisTech.
Special exhibit: "The gem collection from the French Crown Jewels of the Mineralogy Museum".
The Mineralogy Museum of the School of Mines dedicates three display cases to the gems from the French Crown Jewels, which entered the collection in 1887. This permanent exhibit will offer the public collections of emeralds, pink topazes and amethystes, along with their fascinating history. Learn more about this exhibit here!
- From June 21 to 24, 2017 in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines (Alsace): Prestige Exhibition: "FANTASMINERAL"
The Mineralogy Museum MINES ParisTech participates in the International Exhibition at the Mineral & Gem International Show in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, Alsace, France. This year, the theme "FANTASMINERAL - Dreams of collectors" is developed and led by Alain Martaud. Many treasures (sometimes hidden!) from our museum are part of this new exceptional exhibition.
- Saturday, June 23, 2018, 1:30 pm in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines (Alsace): Lecture by Eloïse Gaillou: "THE BEAUTIFUL AND THE USEFUL: WHEN MINERALS INVITE US TO THE VOYAGE"
On the occasion of the Mineral & Gem International Show in Sainte-Marie-aux-Mines, a series of lecture is organized. This year again, the Mineralogy Museum is participating in this public event, and this year, we will talk about the unsuspected uses of mineral wonders.
In a nutshell: From natural rocks to high-tech materials, fine jewelery and space exploration, this conference will invite you to understand the dialogue between minerals and their precious finished products.
- November 6 to 25, 2017: "INVITATION TO THE VOYAGE: TRAVEL WITH MINERALS" in Dubai for the Nomad School of L'Ecole Van Cleef & Arpels.
A Cabinet of Curiosities is filled with keys to the world. For those who want to listen, objects and minerals will tell stories. They are an invitation to travel through time, history, space, matter, art and science. Let’s embark on a wonderful journey …
- From October 27, 2017 onwards: A new MINERALOGY GALLERY at the Museum of La Rochelle (France)
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, the Museum of La Rochelle opened a new Mineralogy Gallery. For this event, the Mineralogy Museum MINES ParisTech has 14 minerals on loan for the next few years.
One of the display cases of the new mineralogy gallery at the Museum of La Rochelle. Photo : Mathieu Vouzelaud / MHNLR.
A group of students from Paris School of Mines MINES ParisTech are developping an app for guided tours of our museum. This app will be installed on recycled phones, which will then be provided to future visitors. Find all the information here.
Any questions about the museum or the collection ? Contact us
Find all the information to come to the Mineralogy Museum here
Musée de Minéralogie
60 boulevard Saint Michel
Tuesday - Friday: 1:30 - 6pm
Saturday: 10am - 12:30pm; 2 - 5pm
Closed on Sundays, Mondays and National Holidays
Find all our temporary exhibits and special events here